English for Academic Purposes (EAP) On-Campus
The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program is an integrated skills program for intermediate to advanced English students who want to develop their academic reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
- Delivered in a full-time, 8-week format with up to 21 hours in class per week
- Optional Friday workshops up to 3 additional hours
- Offered six times per year
- Four levels: intermediate to advanced (B1-C1+)
- Two courses at each level (e.g.) EAP 600 and EAP 650. You can take one or both.
- ONLINE option for 2021 programs
Studying in this program will give you the English language skills and the confidence you need to succeed in an academic setting and understand the North American classroom culture you’ll find in a post-secondary environment. Working in the heart of the UBC Vancouver campus, you’ll make friends with students from all over the world.
You can take one or more sessions – our multi-level program ensures that you will have new challenges as you progress through the program.
Our two 8-week sessions align with the UBC academic calendar to allow for a smooth transition for students granted admission to UBC degree programs.
Open all | Close all