English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Online
The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Online program is an integrated skills program for elementary to advanced English students who want to develop their academic reading, writing, speaking and listening skills. Using the same curriculum as the in-class EAP program, EAP Online is taught by our experienced instructors with innovative online applications widely used at UBC. Join your classmates in virtual classrooms, work together in real time on group activities and exercises, and get one-on-one support and feedback from your instructor.
- Six levels: Elementary to advanced (CEFR A2–C1)
- Two courses per level - you can take one or both
- Delivered online over eight weeks with 168 hours of instruction
- 21 hours per week; 18 hours of synchronous teaching & 3 hours of asynchronous teaching
- Classes run from 3:00PM - 8:15PM PST with a 45 minute break*
- *Classes may also be held from 8:00AM - 1:15PM (PST) to accommodate time zones.
Benefits of Learning at UBC:
- The academic English of a leading university, not just textbook EAP
- Study using UBC's Learning Management System and other educational technologies
- Everyday opportunities to talk virtually to UBC undergraduate students
- Discover how your major is taught at UBC
- Meet UBC's English Language Admission Standard at our B2 level
Open all | Close all